The Writer’s Prompt Challenge, hosted by myself and Grace.
The Writer’s Prompt Challenge is a monthly contest for young writers to get their creativity flowing, hosted by Allie Taylor and Grace. New prompts are posted every challenge, winners are chosen based on their story and the application of the given prompts on the first Wednesday of the month.
- Your entry must be between 100 – 300 words. (In order to see how many words your entry is, copy and paste it here.)
- A new challenge will be posted on the first wednesday of the month (or otherwise stated for certain cases)
- The winners will receive a badge for their blog
- The winner will be chosen based on the judges’s preferences, as well as the following questions: Does this entry capture my attention immediately? Does it make me want to continue reading? Is the writing clear? They will also take into consideration the writer’s voice and style. Usage and application of the given prompts are taken highly into consideration of story rank.
- This is a challenge. Have fun, but be competetive.
- As of now, there are no prizes but the badge.
- When writing your post, be sure to include the Writer’s Prompt Challenge image.
- The Deadline for this challenge is the last wednesday of the month. The winners will be announced on the first wednesday of the next month.
In order to officially submit your entry, follow the directions below.
- Post your entry on your blog (or you can send it to me via email or the comment section of the current challenge post)
- If you post it on your blog, leave the link to the post in the comments
- Make sure to highlight (bold AND italicize if you can’t highlight) the prompts like (e.g.) Cape, frost, etc. so I can easily see what prompts you have used.
- Make sure to make it clear in your comment/post/email what prompts you have used, how many words your story is, your age (optional), your first name or a nickname, and the link to your blog.
Not Posted Yet